There’s an Uber for X app for almost every service nowadays. However, when categorizing these apps as the most essential and optional ones, many fall into the latter category. While taxis and food delivery services are considered the most critical, there remains a question deep down- Are they essential compared to that of Uber for doctors app? The perfect reply to this question reached our hearts during the COVID-19 pandemic. Patients who live on medications struggle to reach out to doctors.
The fear of stepping out gets catapulted when entering a hospital jam-packed with COVID-19 wards. When people can shop groceries, book taxis, order food, pay bills, and many more with smartphones, why not consult doctors? The healthcare industry needs a major revamp among various other industries out there, and the pandemic proves to be an ideal situation to steer the change.
This blog is aimed towards those entrepreneurs who wish to launch an Uber for Doctor app to benefit people and, at the same time, enjoy revenue as well. The blog covers the whys’ and what ifs’ before initiating a telemedicine app development.
Identify the reason for investment – A potential problem
Every successful entrepreneur has one thing in common – identifying people’s problems and coming up with lucrative solutions. For years altogether, people need to wait in long queues for doctor appointments. Yes, appointments alone. Waiting for doctor consultations is another mammoth task that drains time and energy. With digitization becoming more prominent, people demand more convenience from availing services.
Leveraging the online medium proves to be a significant advancement as they come with numerous benefits. The first benefit is, however, customers can book appointments from the comfort of their homes. This benefit is followed by innumerable advantages for every stakeholder, including eliminating manual labor, automating the process, flexibility and transparency in services, and many more.
Your reason for investment is simple but effective. Amid the COVID-19 pandemic, there’s the need to reconstruct the bridge between doctors and patients. Introducing a telemedicine app proves to be the only way out. With the market still in nascent stages, you can lend a helping hand to patients, gain a stronghold of your customer base, and boost substantial profits.
Analyze the market forecast – for success!
An entrepreneur with a long term vision has higher chances of success in the online marketplace. Identifying market growth and competitors’ rise can play a critical role in shaping your ideas. Some market stats that signify the unprecedented growth of the online healthcare sector is as follows,
- The global telemedicine market will grow exponentially, with a CAGR of 15.1% between 2020 and 2027 (Source: Grand View Research).
- In 2019, the market was valued at $41.4 billion (Source: Grand View Research).
- Telehealth sessions surged massively by 5130% in April 2020 when compared to that of April 2019 (Source: Beacon’s Health Option Infographic).
- The consumers’ shift from in-person visits to virtual consultations is quite evident. Only 11% of the respondents preferred telemedicine solutions in 2019. Amid the pandemic situation, almost 76% of the respondents opted for telehealth as the way forward (Source: McKinsey COVID-19 Consumer Survey).
- Telehealth offering providers have witnessed an exponential growth in visits, soaring anywhere between 50 – 175x the pre-COVID-19 era (Source: Ibid).
There comes a time for every entrepreneur to capitalize and tackle the situation wisely. Like a dark cloud with a silver lining, COVID-19 appears to be propelling the need for an online Doctor booking app.
Stay unique – A critical component for sustainability
The on-demand app sector is always a crowded marketplace. With people spoilt for choices, the necessity to stand out from the crowd can make all the difference. Among various factors that can bring about uniqueness, most entrepreneurs prefer the platform’s visual appeal as it interacts with users directly. Some of the unique features that add credibility to a telemedicine solution include,
- Digital prescriptions: A majority of doctor consultations end with doctors handing over prescriptions to patients. With treatment happening over the virtual medium, you cannot expect doctors to spell out medications while patients jot them down in a piece of paper. Introducing digital prescriptions makes the whole process effortless and fail-proof.
- In-built VR assistance: As simple as it may sound, taking first-time users to a virtual tour around the app can significantly enhance engagement rates. This way, even users who aren’t well-acquainted with smartphones get to know the app navigation.
- Scheduling lab tests: With doctors requesting patients to come up with lab reports, patients searching for laboratories can be quite daunting. To eliminate such a scenario, ensure that your app enables users to schedule lab tests as per doctor recommendations. This way, by including a comprehensive solution for consultations, prescriptions, lab tests, etc., your app can become the one-stop destination for telehealth services.
- EMR: Doctors provide the utmost care for patients during consultations. By knowing the previous health conditions of the patients, they can provide better services. As a result, let users upload their entire medical records, which are stored securely to your database. This Electronic Medical Records feature eliminates the need for paperwork and prevents errors.
Decide on your budget – Boost your ROI
It entirely depends on the entrepreneur to choose the app development style. You can either opt for pocket-friendly clone app solutions or decide to build an app from scratch. Either way, it is wise to look at the resources in your pocket before stepping foot into developing the telemedicine platform. Some of the vital components that enhance your budget can be,
- The features you integrate
- The complexity of your design
- The team that you choose
- The location of your app development
- The tech-stack you include, etc.
On the other hand, you get to choose the revenue streams as well. With a top-notch telemedicine app, you can add your income tally in numerous ways. Some of the popular ideas include,
- Commission fee
- Subscription charges
- In-app ads
- Feature listing charges
- In-app purchases, etc.
There are almost 4 billion smartphone users across the world. Enabling them to consult doctors via a portable device can be the next big thing of the modern era. With people turning towards on-demand apps for food & groceries amid the pandemic situation, captivate them by providing virtual consultations. Do not hesitate to invest in this massive business opportunity. All you need is a robust doctor booking app by your side.
Reach out to an expert app development company, share your visions with them, and gain an irreplaceable position in the on-demand app market.