Well, all of us use emails these days to communicate with colleagues, friends, and family members. It is a dominant form of communication when it comes to professional working environments. Emails have made the task easy for everyone working in the digital space or in any other field.
And Gmail has been the most popular email service provider in the world for many years now. It provides a free and subscription-based service but most of us opt for the free version of the service. If you are using Gmail, then you must know all about it and its intricacies.
Gmail is one of the most secure and user-friendly email services but sometimes it can frustrate us. Well, like all other types of services available in the world, Gmail also faces a few issues. But, most of them are not too complicated or something that cannot be resolved. People often face Gmail problems in their accounts but not up to the extent that it cannot be resolved.
If Gmail is not working for you, then you’ve come to the right page and we will help you in resolving the issues without any hassle.
Let’s get started.
Today, we will look at the most common Gmail Issues and their solutions.
Gmail Not Working
If Gmail is not working on your computer, then the first thing you need to do is open the Google Status Dashboard. Google provides the status dashboard for all their services; you will be able to check if any one of them is down due to a server issue. Or anyone of them is facing issues with connectivity at the time you are trying to login into your account or sending an email.
If you see that there is no issue at all with all the services from Google, then you have to check the things on your end. The chances are that there is a problem on your end and that is why Gmail is not working for you.
Gmail Not Receiving Emails
Well, if you are able to login to your account but your Email is not showing up in Gmail, then you should follow these steps to resolve it.
- First, you should check the spam folder on your account to see if the emails are going directly to the spam. At times, spam filters work aggressively and filter out almost all the emails directly to the spam folder. So, it’d be worth it to have a look.
- Also, check if your Gmail storage is filled because Google provides a specific amount of storage to all the users. If that is not the issue, then there must be an issue with the browser.
- Yes, you need to clear the browser cache, cookies, and history to reset the memory. Now, login to your account and see if you are receiving any emails. You can also switch to a different web browser if the previous one is not working properly. Google Chrome is the best browser to use to access Gmail, update it if you are already using Chrome on your computer.
- You should also check the Gmail filters and delete any unnecessary filters from the account.
Well, if you have forgotten the password of Gmail and are unable to login into your account, then you must reset the password. Here is what you need to do to reset the Gmail password on your web browser.
- Open a browser and open Gmail.com and then click on the Sign-in button.
- Now, you need to enter the username and click on the Next button, and then click on the Forgot Password link from the next page.
- Now, you will have to choose a method to verify the account and then click on the Next button.
- You will receive a code on your mobile or alternate email address, copy that code and paste it into the verify box located on the previous page.
- Now, click on the Next button to reach the password reset page.
- Then, enter the new password for your Google account and then click on the Save button.
This way, you can reset Google without any hassle and regain access to the account.
If you are facing sync issues on your mobile device, then you need to update the app. Sometimes older version apps do not function as they are supposed to. Update the Gmail app and then check the sync settings and then you have to restart the device. You should also verify the internet connectivity to your mobile and make sure it has a high-quality connection.
Well, these are some of the common Gmail issues people face these days. If you want to learn more about these issues, log on to onlinegeeks.net technical blog. You will get to know a lot about Gmail and other Google services.