Android phones are the mostly used and popular devices across the world. Despite the unending debate over Android and Iphone dominance, Android is still preferred and sold for a couple of reasons. The open platform, customization options and many other advantages of Android makes it an impeccable winner of the user’s heart.
In this post, we have gathered a list of top 5 advantages of Android devices that makes it the most popular phone of the world. These are the hidden tricks you probably didn’t know about Android Phones. So, read on the list and explore the amazing benefits of Android devices. Also, learn how to make the most of your Android device and make your smartphone more efficient and smart.
List of Top 5 Best Advantages of Android Phone
Here are the advantages of an Android phone over Iphone and the useful Android tips that will help you to get most of your Android device. Take a look.
The one biggest advantage of having an Android phone is that you can perform multiple tasks on your smartphone. The multitasking feature of the Android phone allows you to work on multiple tasks at the same time. For instance, you may play music on the phone and at the same time can play games or browse on the Internet. So Android devices support split screen mode to view and use two apps simultaneously.
To enable the split screen mode on your Android device, follow these steps.
- On the Home screen, tap on the Recent Apps button represented by three vertical lines in square shape. You may find it in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Locate the app you want to use. Tap and hold on the app to open a menu.
- Tap on the option “Open in split screen view.”
- The selected app will appear on the top of screen.
- Now, tap on the other app you want to use along with it.
- Both the apps will appear in a split screen separated by a black bar.
- You may use now both the apps and switch it easily between the two.
- To close any one of the apps, tap and hold on the black bar on the split screen and swipe it in the direction of the app you want to shut.
- Your screen will appear blue momentarily and the app you don’t want to use will get closed.
2. Customize Features of Smartphone
Android is a big open source platform that allows its users to customize it the way they want. You may install third party apps or use customized settings to modify your Android experience. Whether you want to change the theme of the phone screen, customize your keyboard and clean your Android device you can do it all. Moreover, you can even speed up your device with the best android phone cleaner app and make it perform exactly like a new phone. If you are facing fast battery draining then, you may download a free cleaner app such as Advanced Phone Cleaner which powerfully boosts your phone and optimizes its battery life. Also, using it, you may manage installed apps in your phone, organize your photos, media files, documents and everything that is stored in your phone.
3. Choose Default Apps
Unlike Iphones, Android phones allow you to choose the apps that you want to work as default apps. Technically, a default app is an app that opens automatically when you perform a specific function, For instance, If you want to edit pictures, the Android phone will automatically launch the editing app that is set as a default app. In Android phones, you may select your default apps to view photos, text messages, browse information, play music and so on.
To choose the default app for any function, follow these steps.
- Navigate to Settings>> Apps.
- Tap on “Cog icon” located in the upper right corner of the screen.
- You will see different categories on the screen. Choose any category to view the list of installed apps that you may use as default apps.
- Tap on the app to make it the default app.
- For instance, if you want to open Google Chrome whenever you click on any link received on whatsapp or message. Set Google Chrome as default app for browsing.
4. One Handed Mode
Do you know you can use your Android phone with one hand? Yes, Android phones allow you to type with one hand by using One Handed mode. This amazing feature is found in the Gboard keyboard and is found as a default option in the Pixel and Nexus devices. It is a very useful feature if your Android device has a large screen.
To enable the One-handed mode in the G-board keyboard, follow these steps.
- Open up the keyboard.
- Tap and hold on the Comma key.
- Drag up to the right hand icon to turn on One- handed mode.
- This will shift the keyboard to the left or right side of the screen so that you may reach to every key easily.
If you are using a Samsung android phone, you will find more options with One-Handed mode. To enable One-handed mode in Samsung smartphones, follow the below steps.
- Go to Settings or Additional Settings.
- Press the Home button three times.
5. Lock Your Phone Smartly
Do you want your Android device to get locked and unlocked smartly? Well! With the Smart Lock option of Android devices you may easily access your app without constantly unlocking your phone at the trusted places. For instance, if you have set your home as a trusted place, your phone will remain unlocked at home while outside your home, the phone will lock it in the set time.
To enable the Smart Lock option in Android devices, follow these steps.
- Navigate to Settings>> Security & location or Security and Privacy.
- Tap on the Smart Lock.
- Enter your Screen lock Pin, password or pattern.
- Select On-body detection or set a trusted place as per your preference.
- For setting a trusted place, you may use your “high accuracy or battery saving location mode” or allow your Android phone to use your current location.
- For on body detection, toggle it on. On body detection will allow you to unlock your device with your selected body part.
Amazed, isn’t it? The list of Android devices’s advantages is simply wonderful and very useful. So, use these amazing benefits of Android phones and make most of your smartphone now.