Venetian plaster has been an epitome of class and modishness since times immemorial. It has been popular because of its lustrous, sophisticated, and earthy texture. It was used by the Ancient Greeks, Italians as well as Egyptians. Most of the homeowners consider Venetian as the best wall plaster because of its multiple benefits. In this article, some of the benefits have been summarized below to help the homeowners to know why Venetian plaster an incredible option for home finishes is.
Benefits of Using Venetian
Plastering has been an old concept and its invention has provided several benefits to mankind. Plastering is of different types and their application technique is also different. Because of its aesthetical appeal, modern homeowners choose this plaster for wall finishes at home. But homeowners can also opt for different texture as per their choice. Plastering has been an integral part of the construction industry. It can be used both for interior as well as exterior parts. Looking for the most versatile wall treatment for your house? One of the very prominent plastering formulas is the Venetian plaster with marble dust as an active ingredient. So, if you want to redecorate your house with extraordinary aesthetic value, then Venetian can do wonders for you!
Venetian plastering finish is known as a lifetime finish. The plaster will get harden over time and would be less prone to cracks and shrinks. Though you may have to spend a good amount of money on this plastering over paint, but it is really worth it in the long run. It also elevates the beauty of your home interior.
Here Mentioned Are Some of The Benefits of Venetian Plastering.
- It can absorb carbon dioxide – Venetian is a mixture of limestone and water. When this mixture is applied to walls or ceilings of your house, it gets exposed to carbon dioxide. This blend of water and limestone is the lime plaster that absorbs carbon dioxide from the air. This plaster turns back to limestone once it gets exposed to carbon dioxide. The mixture gets harder and harder with this vicious cycle.
- It’s odorless – The only problem with home paint is that you need to wait till the foul smell goes away. Paint smells are strong, but when it comes to Venetian plaster, it is odor-free and all natural. Another common difference between Venetian and paint is that Venetian is made up of natural ingredients, whereas paint is a chemically composed material. So, if you choose to redecorate your house with this plaster, you’ll never regret it!
- Maintenance is low – Another great advantage of Venetian plaster is that its maintenance needs are low. You can easily wipe-off the surfaces with a clean damp cloth. With just one wipe, your surface will remain clean and clear. Maintenance is effortless because you can also clear out the scratches with mineral wool. Wax-finishes can be used in plasters to ward off the dirt from it.
- Free of toxic materials – Venetian plaster is a non-toxic material because of its natural ingredients. Unlike acrylic paints, these plasters do not release harmful and explosive organic compounds. Homeowners who are conscious about their health can always go with Venetian, since it is chemical-free and non-toxic. It’s breathable and homeowners can enjoy their home’s new look without any hassle or discomfort.
- Lasts long and sturdy – Venetians are highly sturdy and strong, and this is the reason why they are known as the Lifetime Finish. As mentioned above, when lime plaster gets exposed to air, it absorbs carbon dioxide, thus making it stronger and harder over time. Because of the durability factor, these plasters don’t shrink or crack either.
Buying a house or redecorating it is a huge investment. Besides this, Venetian plaster might seem to be an extra investment. But if you calculate it in the long run, Venetian plaster definitely one of the best cost-effective options for a home.
When you buy a new home, you will have a fresh coat of paint with your favorite color. You should wait for the paint odor to flush out of the home, so that you can live in the home peacefully. If you go for Venetian plaster, there is no complaint about the bad odor that makes it tough for you to breathe. The plastering is entirely safe and natural. It is made using natural ingredients such as marble dust and lime. The smell won’t linger inside the home for long with this plaster. You can go on the same day you have done the plastering installed without worrying about the bad odor.