A research in 2018 suggested there were around 2,500 members in Urology Society of India with an additional 1,500 associates across the country. Big enough reason to worry since it pits around 5,64,000 individuals for 1 urologist, making it one of the least explored and costliest medical sectors in this country.
Consequently, it is essential to understand what urology is, while also making it vital to note related medical procedures and their costs.
What is urology?
In simplest terms, urology is a branch of medical science which deals with the treatment of urinary diseases of both the male and female urinary tract. Furthermore, it also deals with male reproductive organs.
Primarily catering to various surgical procedures and other treatment methods, this medical sector can often be quite costly. Subsequently, it is better to have a health EMI card while dealing with its complex procedures so that medical bills can be paid with ease.
Treatment procedures and related expenses
There are numerous health hazards which are covered by the department of urology. From kidney stones and ureteric re-implantation to prostate surgery, everything comes under urology.
Patients typically have to stay in hospitals for a few days for the completion of their treatments. Understandably, these procedures also include a lengthy medication before and after the surgeries.
Comes as no surprise, health insurance cards can be especially helpful in dealing with these long drawn medical expenses. The immense expenditures which are most commonly associated with urology can range between Rs.1 lakh and Rs.6 lakh, depending on the exact procedure.
Some of the urological medical issues related to men are as follows.
- Kidney stones,
- Urinary tract infection,
- Erectile Dysfunction,
- Prostatitis (treatment of prostate gland inflammation),
- Prostate gland enlargement.
In the case of women, while some of the ailments are common, there are a few additional medical conditions too.
- Kidney stones,
- Urinary tract infection,
- Bladder prolapse,
- Bladder, adrenal gland or kidney cancer,
- Urinary incontinence,
- Interstitial cystitis,
- Overactive bladder.
The cost of treating these medical issues can vary by a remarkable margin, even though they generally do not go above Rs.6 lakh. Consequently, having a health insurance card can be of immense help while managing such expenses. While these medical procedures cannot be neglected owing to their severe nature, such cards allow a patient or his/her family to plan such medical expenses with convenience.
How is a health card beneficial?
A health card online or offline is a financial tool which is specially designed to aid individuals with their medical bills. While on the one hand, these cards allow an individual to clear his/her medical expenses over convenient EMIs, it also offers heavy discounts and rebates, which reduce the total expenditure by a notable margin.
Products like the Bajaj Finserv Health EMI Network Card are offered at economical rates beginning at a yearly expenditure of Rs.589. Furthermore, it has no document requirements, making the application procedure quite streamlined and easy. Activated within moments of application and payment, customers can use these cards for almost every type of medical expense inside India.
Health card features
Along with the benefit of easy repayment of medical bills, health insurance cards also offer a few additional assistance. These are discussed below in detail.
● Large amount on offer: Health card holders can avail up to Rs.4 lakh with these financial tools for the payment of medical bills. This amount is especially helpful since it typically covers any medical expense that might come up, including unforeseen emergencies.
● Convenience of repayment: Individuals using these cards can avail any option of repayment as long as they clear their total medical bill within 24 months of their issuing date.
● Covers various medical expenses: Along with medical procedures, health insurance cards also cover related expenses like diagnostic tests, pre- and post-surgical medicines, physiotherapy, etc. This is especially helpful since such expenses can also go up to high amounts.
● Covers a whole family: A single card covers a whole family, making it convenient for an individual to avail and maintain the same.
● Additional benefits: Such cards also offer the benefit of various discounts at a partner store. This includes discounts and rebates on expenses at partner medical stores, hospitals, diagnostic centres, etc.
Individuals considering to apply for a health card online for their family should check out the various types of products available, as per their personal convenience. Generally, there are 2 types of health insurance cards which are on offer. While one of these is instantly activated and has features in tune with the same, the other takes a bit longer for its application.
Notably, existing customers can easily activate their cards online, while new customers can visit any partner store or facility to do so. The eligibility requirements for these cards are minimal, and almost anyone can avail its benefits.