Chia seeds are one of the best superfoods suggested by fitness trainers, and health professionals to gain optimal health benefits, especially if you are on a weight-loss journey. The tiny mottle coloured brown, black, grey, and white chia seeds are loaded with antioxidants, fibre, vitamins, proteins, omega-3 fatty acids, minerals, and nutrients. Thanks to its nutty flavour and it is potentially added in many cuisines or can be topped in your favourite desserts.
Here in this article, we throw light to showcase the little and the magical benefits of chia seeds. So, read on the article and know more about its benefits.
Nutritional benefits of chia seeds:
Here is the list of nutrients present in the chia seeds. Have a look at its nutritional profile now!
- Dietary Fibre
- Omega-3 fatty acids
Amazing health benefits of chia seeds:
Chia seeds are often confused with basil seeds. Both the seeds when soaked in water turns into a gel-like nature thanks to the insoluble fibre present in it. A single serving of chia seeds per day meets your daily fibre requirement, hence never forget to add these tiny and shiny little seeds in your diet.
- The antioxidant content present in the chia seeds helps to protect the cells from the free radical damage. The rich antioxidant content keeps our skin healthy, slows down ageing and limit skin ageing.
- Intake of chia seeds boosts bone and teeth health, this is due to the presence of calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium present in the seeds. If you are a vegan and is looking for a plant source to improve your calcium levels, then never forget to include chia seeds in your diet.
- The presence of omega 3 fatty acids in chia seeds helps to boost circulation and reduces inflammation and skin dryness. So, if you are aiming for beautiful, wrinkle-free skin, add chia seeds in your diet. Also, there are a lot of Ayurvedic products available in the market to reduce ageing. Speak to an Ayurvedic practitioner and get your medicines prescribed based on your skin type. Buy ayurvedic products from the best online pharmacy store and get amazing discounts on all products you order!
- The rich fibre content in chia seeds improves digestive health, increases bowel movement, and prevents constipation. Adding more fibre rich foods in the diet helps to stay away from chronic diseases, cancer, and other metabolic diseases.
- Chia seeds contain the amino acid tryptophan, which helps in releasing the two hormones named serotonin and melatonin. These hormones help to improve sleep and relax your body and mind.
- Chia seeds are loaded with omega 3– fatty acids, and omega-6 fatty acids, which help to reduce cholesterol, blood pressure and inflammation in the body. So, for sustaining good heart health, include chia seeds in your daily diet!
- Iron, zinc, magnesium, and B vitamins present in chia seeds helps to boost your energy levels. So, kick your day full of energy by incorporating these tiny seeds in your diet. Just sprinkle these seeds on your favourite smoothies or salads.
- One of the best things to know about chia seeds is the presence of fibre. Yes! The fibre content keeps you fuller for longer and aids in weight loss. For this reason, many weight watchers include chia seeds in their diet plan. So, if you are on a weight loss journey try adding this in your favourite recipe and inhale its benefits to trim the extra fat around the waist.
- Chia seeds are a rich source of protein. If you are a vegetarian then add chia seeds as a substitute for eggs.
- Are you suffering from gluten-intolerance? Thinking what to add to your diet? Don’t worry! Here’s a gluten-free seed for you! Try adding chia seeds. This is extremely beneficial for individuals who are suffering from celiac disease, allergies, and other gluten-induced diseases. If you develop allergies after consuming seeds meet your healthcare provider immediately. If medicines are prescribed order them from a trusted online medicine site and get them delivered at your doorstep.
Here is all about the reasons why you need to include chia seeds in your diet. It’s not too late, shop chia seeds now and store in your pantry right away. If you have seed-based allergies or on blood pressure medications, talk to your doctor before adding these tiny seeds in your diet.